Thursday, March 9, 2017

A Sweet Surprise!

My husband has been doing very well this week getting to bed by 9:30pm so that he can get enough sleep to get through each busy work day.  Tonight was no exception.  At 9:20pm, he got ready and got into bed.

10 minutes later his cell phone beeped at him.  The next thing I knew he was downstairs again with me, fully dressed and grinning from ear to ear.  His good buddy had called from a wine event he was hosting tonight to ask if he could drop around for a few minutes.  I can only think of 2 or 3 friends my husband would crawl out of bed and get dressed for and this fellow is certainly one of them.

Our friend arrived bearing 3 bottles of wine left over from his event.  He didn't have time to stay for more than a short visit, but there is nothing like having a wine-bearing special friend arrive unexpectedly at bed time to provide a delicious, sleep inducing night cap!

Now it is after 10:30pm, my husband is sound asleep, empty wine glass beside the bed and the smile has never left his face. hahaha
Sleep well my dear!

2 comments:

Susan Erlenbach said...

Perfect!! Love God's surprises😀

Susan said...

Now, God, if you are listening, I have this friend Susan and her husband who also could use a GOOD surprise very SOON!