Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Almost Spring-like Outside

Another lovely day for me!  Blessing upon blessing is mine, that is for sure!

I didn't sleep in this morning, but when I woke up at 6:30am I had the luxury of being a lay-about, reading a book for a couple of hours before I really had to eat breakfast.  The morning was spent ironing, taking out trash, paying next month's rent and all manner of wee chores.  Since I ate breakfast so late, I had a small snack at 11:15am to carry me through to a mid afternoon lunch.  Rode the bus downtown for my haircut at 1:30pm and then thoroughly enjoyed my chicken shawarma salad at Zam Zam Wraps.  YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!  Today I got the larger pieces of chicken left in the bottom of the server after the smaller bits were used during the lunch rush...must remember that for future reference. hohoho!

I cased all the stores that sell shoes in Cornwall Centre, but not one of them had the sort of sandals I can wear. Sears had a rather nice pair but of course the soles are too hard to wear with bone spurs under my heels. I am going to make a trip to Fosters Shoes tomorrow to pay the big bucks for a pair of sandals that will be good for my feet, if they have anything suitable.  Hopefully the specialty shoe stores will have more sandal selection by the end of April if I can't find what I want right away.  Inannone's is very good about ordering what I need, but it does take a long time as the shoes I order come from the deep south of the USA.

After all my window shopping I decided it was far too nice a day to encase myself on a bus to come home.  What a lovely walk I had.  It was windy, but the wind was much warmer than it has been over the past few days.  By the time I was half way home my coat was unzipped and flapping out behind me as I strolled along in the bright sunshine.  The snow and ice are almost completely gone now on all the tree lined residential streets, so I had a safe walk, only having to look out for new heaves in the cracked sidewalks in that old section of town.  The closer I got to home the slower I was walking....not because of pain or mobility problems, but because I was reluctant to end my walk and have to come back inside!  Despite the mud and dirt and general ugliness that accompanies the first weeks of spring on the prairies, it is the best feeling in the world to be able to get out and walk without having to wear YakTrax on the bottom of my boots, without huge floppy mitts and fat, ugly parkas, without toques and scarves and turtlenecked teeshirts....and a spike-ended cane! 

SPRING IS COMING!!  YAY!!

Of course that also means we will likely have some wicked storms over the next month with blowing snow, blinding rains and gale force winds, but the best part of those storms is that the aftermath doesn't last more than a couple of days before we will be dry and warm once again.  

I feel like I have been set free from prison at this time of year!  Hallelujah!

No comments: