Monday, April 17, 2017

A Nice Sunny Day Buuuuuttt.....

...for me the happiness of a more spring-like day is being somewhat marred by news of another friend battling cancer.  Sigh.......that wretched disease.......Lord, please help my friend.  Thank you.......

My husband is counselling a colleague downstairs in our living room while I am attempting to do 8 loads of laundry in the basement, while hiding out in my own space upstairs with my computer and ironing board, between loads.  It is only partially successful.  At a couple of points I have had to go from up to down and back carting loads of laundry and the fellows have had to stop their chatter long enough for me to pass through without hearing the confidential things they are sharing.  hahahaha  This is not how this day was planned out for either of us, that is for sure, hahaha.  Ministry....it never ends, does it?  Not even on so-called days off. hahaha  Also along that line, since my husband has a study week set up now for next week and will not be in the office at all, he is giving up his Wednesday off this week to go in and spend as much time with the office manager getting everything up to date before she leaves on her month of holidays in May.  hahaha  Stop the world....I want to get off!!!! hahaha  

Tonight I am supposed to be going to a womens' sectional practise for choir.  Hoping my night vision is up for the drive home in the dark.  I was going to skip it as my husband will be home with me tonight, but apparently the suggestion that I take over leading an originally unscheduled rehearsal this coming Sunday afternoon has become more than a suggestion and I don't feel I can miss tonight's rehearsal and have any clue what I should do next Sunday with these songs.  I don't really have to DO anything next Sunday except stand in front of the choir waving my arms so everyone has a focal point, since our real director has to be absent, but I do want to be able to lead in the sections who have trouble still with their entries in some of the more syncopated arrangements.  Guess I will be studying all the songs a bit more closely this week.  I am so rusty with directing as it is and the idea of taking over someone else's choir for a rehearsal is a bit daunting, despite low expectations of what I should do.  haha

The murmur of voices is dying out downstairs in the dining room.  Perhaps my husband's friend is leaving now?  Perhaps it is safe to venture back to the basement and rescue my non-dryer items from the washing machine so I can get them hung up on hangers before they are too wrinkled....perhaps.....  Think I will risk it.......

No comments: