Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Just That Kind O' Day! Bleeeech!!

This is the perfect sort of day for those of you given a bent toward doom and gloom: raining, grey skies, heavy atmosphere, black clouds, brown lawns, bare tree branches swaying gently in a light and bitter breeze and a rather chilly air temperature.

Today reminds me of what my son has been experiencing all winter in Vancouver...wet, blah, overcast, blah, cold, blah......blah, blah and more blah!

It is the perfect sort of day for working on the most dreaded of household chores or going in for medical tests at the hospital that end up taking longer and being more painful and energy draining than expected. It is the perfect day for spotting that last wrinkle in a pair of pants as you are hanging them in the closet that you were certain you had managed to completely press out before putting the iron and board away again.  It is the perfect day to feel lonely and abandoned and frightened about those hospital test results that won't arrive for at least a month or more.  

It is just the sort of day when looking at the longer term forecast and seeing snow predicted for the beginning of next week is no surprise, just brings on a feeling of weary resignation that of course the REAL spring weather is going to be delayed yet again.

Yup, a typical early spring day on the prairies....just a super duper joy fest!


HAHAHAHA....GOTCHA!  


I COULD feel super duper gloomy and doomy, but I don't.  I hope you don't either.  Spring really is on the way and whatever boring or scary activities YOU have had to face today, I hope and pray you can get a handle on the joy of living, no matter how remote it seems at this moment for you, in the midst of the early spring grey, in the midst of medical procedures, in the midst of the worst household tasks you can't let wait any longer.

As my dear mother used to quote when I was a kid:
"Spring is sprung, the grass is riz.
I wonder where the birdies is!"

I know where our birdies is: totally frightened off by the family of crows building a nest in the eaves outside my bedroom window!  

No comments: