Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Plethora of Hair Products

The older I get the shorter my hairstyles have had to become!  As a result, I also now need to use more hair products than I ever thought possible for one person to use.  I have just washed and styled my hair and the list goes like this:

1. Wash with Pantene Pro V Expert Intense Smooth Shampoo and follow it up with the Intense Smooth Conditioner.  (I used Joico shampoos, conditioners and K-Pak treatments successfully for years, but find the extra cost is no longer guaranteeing the same good result lately.)

2. Towel dry then spray on and comb through a light misting of ogx brand Argan Oil of Morocco.  I like this brand best because it is one of the few I can find that are unscented.  I can't use any of the scented brands of argan oil because I can't get the odor out of my nostrils and eventually I start sneezing my face off.  

3. Allow that to sit in my hair while I get dressed and made up for the day.  Then, spray and comb through a light mist of Pantene smooth Heat Protecting Spray before blowing my hair dry on a medium heat setting, using a giant round horse hair and plastic brush to smooth the ends under.

4. Apply some John Frieda luxurious volume, Forever Full, All Day Hold Hairspray.  It is one of the few sprays I can get that does not turn my hair into a hard helmet, yet holds the shape of it pretty well even in the wind outside. It also is unscented and does not leave that unscented but annoying after spray mist cloying in my sinuses that some sprays do.

Aaaah, how I remember the good old days of very long, wavy, dark hair that I washed, conditioned, brushed out and left to dry on its own.  It had sufficient weight at that length to pull out most of the frizz and as long as my conditioner was ph balanced all was well.  Sigh.....

No comments: