Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Fun With Memory! Aiiiii yiiiiii........

My poor dear husband and his issues with forgetfulness...between himself and our son it is a wonder I can remember anything at all of my own as I spent so many years trying to keep track of all their material possessions every time they left the house. Sigh....

This time it is my husband's reading glasses:  it appears he has left them at the camp he was at this past weekend, 5 hours away!  Sigh.....  The next time we are scheduled to be in that vicinity is more than two weeks from now and they could disappear long before then, even though there are only 2 families in that area who would be likely to access the buildings during that time, o and vandals, who have made a mess in the camp a couple of times previously.  Sigh....

I planned to make certain my husband had his glasses and every other item on the list I made before he left home to go to camp, but he neglected to call me before leaving. By the time he called he was part of the way home, calling from beside the highway and hardly in a safe spot to start rooting through his bags and boxes to see if every small item was where it should be.  Sigh...... 

He feels terrible about it.  I feel terrible FOR him. Sigh.....

Guess we will be making an extra trip west very soon to try to collect those glasses....a week or so before retracing our steps at the beginning of our upcoming holidays.  For two people who detest that particular stretch of highway we certainly seem to set ourselves up for driving it far too often! We just can't risk leaving the glasses there for 2 more weeks, plus it would be most helpful for my husband if he could actually see his papers and computer screen at work.  Sigh.....

In happier news, we have been having a good day today.  My husband doesn't have to go into the office, although he does have a big meeting out of town this evening.  He spent the morning working on a final draft of the paper he had to write during his somewhat aborted study leave week, then took a break to accompany me to a bank for paying bills and a couple of stores for a new laundry basket, a new bear horn and a tissue box holder for the car as our boxes of tissues we keep in there seem to get crushed with some degree of regularity, making it difficult to snatch a tissue from a disintigrating cardboard box while driving.

Then we decided to have a date for lunch, since we were stuck indoors yesterday.  We enjoyed a meal at Lancaster Taphouse.  We haven't been there since last December.  I ordered my usual Surf and Turf small bites meal.  It contains more cholesterol than I should ever have at once, but for dinner tonight I am having a veggie salad, no dressing and a boiled chicken breast with lemon juice and Greek herbs added on for the reheating.  Sounds dreadful I know, but it tastes rather good once the chicken is "doctored" after boiling. The chefs at Lancaster Taphouse know how to cook beef properly....medium rare, not much fat left on....SO good!  There are only 2 large shrimp so not a big blast of cholesterol there, most of the cholesterol being contained in the strip of pimento cream cheese on top of the garlic potatoes.  O well.....again, so tasty.  There was a decent portion of grilled carrot and zucchini, along with a half ear of roasted corn on the cob....more veggies than I am served usually on a full portion meal elsewhere. For the enjoyment once in awhile of a lunch like that I don't mind at all eating plain green salad and boiled chicken for dinner!!!! 

Now we are home, my husband is back to writing his paper and I am going to get some work done around here.  After all the ironing I did yesterday and the amount of housework I accomplished on the weekend it is difficult to believe there is so much left to do, but there is always something!! 

No comments: