Saturday, May 13, 2017

Goodbye Friend

My friend who was admitted to hospital some time ago with meningitis has apparently passed away.  She was put onto life support, but her family chose to have it disconnected yesterday.  I think they were wise to do so.  I am very sad for her family as they are understandably devastated.  This dear woman was one of the first to greet me and take time to get to know me at the first Anglican church we attended back in Alberta.  She was an educator extraordinaire who gave me some excellent tips for my classroom music teaching.  She received practically every provincial award for educators that it is possible to get.  Her husband adored her and her film maker son always gave her credit for being his inspiration to achieve excellence.  A huge gap has opened up in the world that she used to fill.  Goodbye Dorothy, and thank you for everything!

1 comment:

Susan Erlenbach said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend😢