Friday, June 23, 2017

A Quiet Day With the Parental Unit

After an uneventful drive into Calgary on a warmer, sunnier, drier, but no less windy day, we spent the rest of the day with my parents. Is it possible both of them are even more frail than when we left them two weeks ago? Sigh.... But the are happy and positive in outlook and managing fairly well, so that is about the best we can hope for at this point. Glad we stopped here again so soon.

We took them to Plato's for lunch. Oh my, they did enjoy their steak sandwich with fries and chicken rice soup. They were so happy to be out at a restaurant they even complimented the wait staff on how the tea was presented. Sooooo cute! They were both tired by the time we ran an errand with them and brought them home. We enjoyed dinner in their suite and they retired for the evening at 8pm. Two weeks ago they were still able to stay active until 9pm. It is giving my husband and I the evening to ourselves.

It became very warm by mid afternoon but a brief rain shower cooled everything down. There is no air conditioner in this guest unit, but I think it has cooled sufficiently that we will sleep tonight.

Off to Olds tomorrow. Don't know when I will have internet connection again, but hopefully I will have at least one more chance for blog blither before we get to Edmonton.

No comments: