Friday, June 2, 2017

Surprise in the Skies!

I am sitting here looking out the window to the west and looking at a perfect chinook arch cloud formation.....wha'????  In Saskatchewan???  In the spring????  

It just kind of startled me because I am used to seeing them to the west of Calgary in the winter.  Seeing that formation there means that the winds are about to start howling and the outside temperatures are going to rise about 30 degrees in 30 minutes and the area is getting a huge break from freezing temperatures for 2 or 3 days.  I wonder what that formation means on the prairies in early June?  Perhaps it is some kind of fluky formation that is imitating a chinook arch but means very little to nothing in terms of our weather.  I don't know enough about it, obviously, to say.  Just looking at that arch certainly brings back wonderful memories of a past life.  

Thank you lovely, lovely clouds!

No comments: