Sunday, July 2, 2017

My Dear Befuddled Husband...teehee.....

Yesterday my husband hauled his tired, lazy self off the couch and away from the computer long enough to take a badly needed exercise break.  He decided to ride his bicycle for a half hour or so.

Aiiiiii yiiiiiii....the poor man was so tired he was absolutely out of it. hahaha  He went to the basement to get his bicycle after taking over ten minutes to locate his helmet and pant clip and high visibility neon vest.  Then he spent another fifteen minutes down in the basement fiddling about making sure his bike mirror and seat were attached properly and that there was sufficient air in the tires.  Eventually he managed to haul the bike and all its accoutrements up the basement stairs to the kitchen where I was standing ready to open the outside door for him.  Just as he reached the top of the stairs he realized he left his bicycle gloves "somewhere" in the basement and left me standing in the kitchen holding onto the bike so it wouldn't fall over because he wasn't sure where the kickstand had disappeared to.  It didn't take him long to locate his gloves so I opened the back door and he was about to depart. Then he realized he didn't have his glasses.  I hung onto the bike a second time while he rooted through the rest of the house until he finally found them in a jacket pocket in the downstairs coat closet.....after he tore the upstairs apart first trying to find them.  It seemed that at last he was ready to go, he took hold of the bicycle and I opened the  back door for him to take it out to the porch.  On the way out the door his neon vest hung itself up around the arm hole on a nail that sticks out of the door frame.  Sigh.....  He twisted and turned and twitched in an attempt to free himself. It wasn't going to be possible without tearing the vest, so he called me to come and release his clothing from the nail.  Sigh again.....  Once I got him free of the nail he got the bicycle down the stairs and got himself hoisted onto it, only to discover his boot lace was undone and could get caught up in the wheel spokes......o for heaven's sake!!!  Once he clambered off the bike and fixed his boot he was FINALLY ready to go.  I started watching him as he cycled away through the parking lot, then thought better of it:  enough stress for me had all ready occurred.  If he had any more problems I didn't want to see or even know about them.  Siiiiiiigh......

Is it any wonder I worry every time this man leaves the house without me?  Is it any wonder I worry every time I leave the house myself with him left alone inside of it? 

Welcome to the wonderful world of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome lifestyle.  The poor man....

No comments: