Tuesday, November 14, 2017

"I'm Baaaaack!" Says Old Man Winter

So, I'm back from the grocery store and it is FREEZING cold outside again! The brief, uncharacterisic Chinook-type of conditions are all ready over.  The sky is grey with ugly looking clouds, no sign of this morning's sunshine. The bitter wind started to blow steadily about an hour after I returned from my glorious walk.  What a perfect window of time opened up to me for that great time of outdoor exercise.  I am even more grateful now than I was during my walk.  I could have waited until later in the morning to go to Service Canada.  I could have planned a bus ride closer to the noon hour and eaten a salad at Cornwall Centre, then walked out into the cold and miserable, howling wind and scuttled any thought of walking to Cathedral to get new boots, if the idea had even occurred to me then.  

Did you ever have one of those days where it feels like God did something special just for you?  I know all our sunshine and warmth this morning was NOT just for me, but it certainly feels like it right now!  Bless the Lord!

No comments: