Saturday, October 3, 2026

Is It Possible To Be Completely Annoyed And Completely Grateful At The Same Time About The Same Situation?

That is how I feel tonight: I was hoping, after sending a maintenance request into management about our refrigerator starting to pack it in, that the thing would last until Monday when all the crew are back at work, but nope, the refrigeration system gave a little whine and a squeal and died late this afternoon. Everything in there began to thaw quickly. Sigh… So, I am annoyed! 

I am also grateful: back on the spring my husband purchased a  camping refrigerator/freezer. I didn’t begrudge him because although I suspected he would rarely use the unit and he spent several hundred dollars on it, he rarely purchases treats for himself. Wow….did that little unit ever save our bacon tonight; and our sausages and our chicken and our 10 pound turkey and our beef! (and our bread and bagged veggies and fruit packs and cheeses and herbs) 

We have cold packs and the salvageable ice cubes packed around the milk and eggs in the dead refrigerator and we can only hope the fridge items survive until Monday, since we are gone all day tomorrow and won’t be able to check on them. Guess the good thing about that is that once breakfast is over we won’t be opening the fridge door and letting the cold escape for the rest of the day. 

These things are indeed sent to try us! 

No comments: