Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Still Waiting On The Fridgeman!!

 No sign of our refrigerator fellow yet so we will give management until noon, then call if we have not yet heard anything.  Our cost for ice blocks to retain sufficient cold in the refrigerator compartment has climbed over $20 as of last night and I don't want to think about how much power we will be paying for to continue running the camp freezer unit.  I know they are busy and the department is badly understaffed, but I am not interested in losing any more food than we did when we had to throw out some smaller freezer items on the weekend before the freezer unit was up and running and my husband is definitely not interested in spending any more money on ice blocks.  So....we shall see how it goes today.  

My walking partner and I were unable to spend time walking and visiting today as she is not well, but she was able to stop in long enough to pick up a book she lent to us recently and have a brief chat before she was overcome with a coughing fit and fled so that she wouldn't spread her illness to  us. Bless her heart.

I had a nice chat with an Island friend, so that was fun interlude in a busy day.

Got a bit of a sad surprise this morning: I told a friend on the weekend that I would drop by the Diabetes Canada office here in Regina and pick up some information she needs after finding out her rather high blood sugar count showing up in recent medical tests.  Surprise surprise (NOT!), this branch was permanently closed fairly recently.  After some online checking and a phone call to their central phone number all I can get my hands on here is whatever info is on the national website. While most of what I need for my friend is there, it is scattered all over the site instead of being neatly compacted into one small booklet like I was given when I was first diagnosed.  My friend is quite capable of accessing the website on her own and I sent her a list of what to look for, so hopefully she can get some more assistance from her GP about whatever may be available in her own city for written information that is more concisely organized than having to cobble it together from the many pages on the website. 

I will do one more short post with a handful of photos from The Morgan and The Cloisters and that will be it for photos.  We are appalled by the number of photos that didn't turn out well enough to post. For some reason my husband's camera has ceased to adjust the light conditions for taking photos.  Oh well.  WE know what the photos are of and our memory retention is good for now so, it will be fine. 

We are having another cool but sunny autumn day today.  I love seeing that blue sky with only a few scattered clouds.  Looks like the possibility of flurries and a bit of short lived freezing rain toward the end of the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend but then it should be clear, if cooler, again.

 

 

No comments: