Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Feeling More Motivated And Productive As The Weather Cools A Bit!

 Yesterday was a better day than usual.  As soon as I woke up, after a fairly decent sleep, I forced myself to get out of bed, get fed and cleaned up and out to the store to find the last of the clothing items I need for our trip.  

Finally I had better success at locating an appropriate wedding reception outfit: black wider legged pants with a transparent black panel around the outside of each leg that is open along the inseam, so the pants seem to flow as I walk.  I will pair them with either an emerald green top I found that has short sleeves and a bit of a collar, or, more likely with a beige cowl necked sleeveless top because I have good jewellery pieces to pull the top and pants together and give me the appearance of colour in my pale face.   I am finally satisfied.  Out of my next three stores of interest only one of them was a waste of time and I quickly located my other needs in the last two stores. YES! 

Shopping completed for vacation trip: check!!✔

It was great fun getting out of doors once again, mosquitoes and all. (Apparently our fair city has one of the largest populations of mosquitoes in the province right now and I can attest to that!!)  So I was very happy to be able to go back out after lunch for a hair cut and a couple of bags of groceries.  My husband and I were hoping to run a few errands today as well, after rain showers overnight cooled things down just enough to be comfortable outside, but he is feeling kind of dizzy and out of sorts, so I guess we will have to remain at home.  I suspect he wore the wrong glasses this morning to clean our old box fan that started rattling and gasping when I put it on last night for white noise at bedtime.  Hopefully a big glass of water and a lie down for an hour sans glasses will help him to feel better.  I am hoping our trip out of town tomorrow will not give him heat stroke and I am hoping that the evening tour of the badlands south of here will not result in us both being eaten alive by mosquitoes.  I found a bottle of mosquito repellent in the basement this morning I didn't know we had and it appears to be full enough to do us well on tomorrow's foray out of town.

So....since we are likely not going out today after all, how shall I productively fill my time?  So many little indoor projects to tackle, so it is just a matter of choice.  I am enjoying the overcast skies as it keeps the heat down, but I know the UV index is still quite high so maybe being inside today is the wisest thing after all. Summer is half over and we have done very little away from home due to the heat....if we didn't have this trip upcoming next month I would be terribly discouraged.  However....we DO have the trip coming up and that will suffice as my own personal summer season.

No comments: