I have another update in regard to Maman's recovery. She is still in hospital after all because it has been discovered that she requires a new aortic valve. While there is no huge rush for the surgery itself, she will need to have an angiogram to ensure the valve will be able to be installed through a vein in the groin. If the angiogram shows otherwise she could be in need of open heart surgery. Her angiogram should happen next Tuesday. Hopefully it will be possible to insert the new valve using the usual method and once that is established she will likely be sent home to await the surgery. So, more to pray about, but overall things are so much more positive than they appeared they would be, particularly after her actually dying for a bit before the temporary pace maker was put in. Whew....Thanks for praying for her and for her family. It is very much appreciated.
It is another very warm day here, the forecast is for +32C; not the hottest we have had, but today there isn't a hint of a breeze anywhere near our area of the city, so even though it is currently only +25C it feels too hot to be comfortable outside. I had to drive to the nearest grocery store instead of taking my intended walk due to a late start to my now overly warm day. I DID manage to fall asleep again after the 5:30am "Fight Club" on the front lawn and I slept for over 90 minutes. It was worth getting a late start on the day just to feel better for the rest of the day.
My husband is meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon so I think I will tackle the needed executor's package updates. I never want to go away without all that information being immediately available to one of our executors. I learned from my parents' well organized banking and other financial records how important it is to have all the required information ready for the executor, as well as a list of where to start and in what order to do things like getting death certificates, adding up the monies in accounts and investments to take to the lawyer for access to the wills and to find out if probate will be necessary. There are so many steps and each time something is attempted out of order it slows everything else down sometimes by several weeks. Mom and Dad made things very smooth going for me in terms of available information that I needed. The financial institutions were the main hold up as probation was completed sooner than expected and caught them unawares. I learned so much so we want to make everything as easy as possible for any executors when it is our turn to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment