This day just gets better and better! NOT! hahahahahahahahahahahaha...the number of ha's denotes my current level of hysteria,hahahaha!
I had a shower at about 11am. After doing a bit of grocery shopping I came home to prepare a late lunch due to the late start of our day. After lunch I was washing dishes when my husband noticed there were some drips of water on the outside of one of the cupboard doors. He opened the door and saw a few more drops of water on the inside of the door, along the edge of the shelves and inside a few of the dishes closest to those edges. Wah??? He then looked up, waaaaaay up, (thank you CBC and the Friendly Giant children's show from long ago), and there, inside the 2 year old patching square from a plumbing problem that was fixed more than 2 years ago, was a lovely little crack with drops of water forming slowly and equally slowly dripping down onto the open cupboard top below. From there the water was coming over the edge of that top and making its way slowly, drip by drip, down the cupboard doors and onto the counter behind the toaster oven. It is all wiped up now, towels are down on top of the cupboards to absorb whatever water continues to drip out of the ceiling, all the dishes have been moved off the cupboard top and out of the cabinets and those in contact with the dripping water thoroughly washed. The maintenance request has been submitted and accepted by whoever accepts those things so...now we wait until whenever.
BIG FAT SIGH!!! Here we go again. NOW what part of the ancient plumbing has failed?
There was no water anywhere to be found on the bathroom floor, or around the toilet or under the bathroom sink....although when I was checking the cabinet under that sink and my hand made contact with the bottom of the sink, large shards of rust came off in my hands and fell into the box of cleaning products I store there. BIGGER FATTER SIGH!!! Guess when the maintenance workers arrive on Tuesday...of course this is a long weekend with no one on duty between now and Tuesday to deal with anything other than dire emergencies, so we won't be able to bath or shower from now until whenever the maintenance plumber arrives...I will have to show him the bathroom sink and request a replacement. Then what new issue is that going to create? Oh Lord....why oh why will you not bring us a new place to live yet? I am discouraged today on the one hand, on the other hand I am accepting the fact that once again we have reached "Ludicrous Speed", (thank you Spaceballs script writers), and that is just how life is right now. hahahahahahahaha!
Well, as the saying goes, "It never rains but it pours!" Oops, I hope in this case the saying is not prophetic!!! hahahahahahahahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment