Today was a very enjoyable day weather-wise! Overnight a cold front blew in and when I woke up this morning I was wrapped up tightly in my duvet and there was a very chilly breeze blowing through from all the open windows. The sky was darkly clouded and remained overcast for most of the day. The daytime high was only +17C. What a welcome break from our very warm July. The rest of this week isn't supposed to become much warmer than about +25C and it is going to cool down to around +7C for several nights. Yippee! I am grateful and delighted...elated even...to have a time out from hot weather, particularly as I expect the weather where we are headed later this month to be extremely humid and scorching hot!
This morning we hauled out all the possibilities for clothes for the trip and did a preliminary packing up. I have pulled two outfits I thought I was going to take and opted for my newest favourite summer dress instead. I wore the dress to church yesterday and decided it is more useful than the other two outfits put together. It is difficult to know how much to pack for a whole month because, although there is laundry access at the apartment, it isn't in the suite and I don't know how many other guests will be jockeying for laundry time. We want to take a good ten days worth of clothes with us. I also removed several pair of socks because they are just so bulky and are easy enough to wash out by hand in the kitchen sink in the evenings. Even with the high humidity each pair should be dry within a couple of days hanging over the bathroom the shower rod. My husband went through all his shirts and pants and made some tough decisions as well. I am so happy we decided to do this preliminary pack. It is causing us to be more realistic about our choices. If the city we are going to wasn't so dirty I would be wearing my sandals most days, but for walking on the streets there it is safer to wear socks and walking shoes regardless of my outfit of the day. I am becoming more excited now about the trip after feeling very unsure until very recently that I was up to the task of early morning airport arrivals, jockeying for overhead rack space, hauling my cane with me through security, lining up for boarding, fretting about possible flight delays and line ups at Customs and Immigration....on and on and on....I am not a relaxed flyer. I enjoy the actual flying part, but the rest of the possible disasters awaiting do not thrill me.
Now that this long weekend holiday is coming to an end, the other details for preparation to travel will begin. All I can do is pray that the banking part of the pre-expedition goes well and that there are no more glitches with the bank we are forced to deal with for this trip. Praying for mercy, that is all we can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment