Friday, August 7, 2026

Waiting For Over Four Months For That Healing "CLICK"!

 I am most grateful that, after four months of constant pain and discomfort with the reawakening of an old knee injury several months ago, this morning at around 3am I rolled over in bed and heard the satisfying "CLICK" sound as my knee cap went back into place.  Oh dear Lord Jesus, long may it last this time!  If it stays in place it will make all the walking I have to do during our upcoming trip so much easier and less painful on a daily basis.  Oh, so happy for this little medical encouragement. Today I was pain free at last...ALL DAY LONG!!

Tonight I found out that an elderly friend of ours fell victim to a scammer that was on "ITS" way, (sorry but to me such scammers are some kind of sub-human creature), to her bank this afternoon to pick up three hundred and fifty thousand dollars from her account.  Thanking God her Financial Advisor was on top of things, realized what was going on and refused to release the money.  Please please pray for all the seniors you know who so easily could fall victim to such a scam as this.  They know how to get at the emotions and fears and inability for fast thinking of the elderly in particular. Our friend is not an unusual case unfortunately. 

We are so enjoying the cooler temperatures this week.  It is possible to go outside in the sunshine and not worry about fainting from over heating and dehydration!  What a treat!

Tonight we went over to a friend's house where our canoe is stored.  We took over four pots of mint that we have harvested sufficiently for our own needs over this coming winter and planted the mint around the the sides of the canoe storage for ground cover.  That mint is extremely hardy and will likely survive the winter just fine in the protected area where we planted it. If not, no big loss, but we have had good success in the past wintering over mint plants so here's hoping.  It makes the storage area look so much nicer.  It was fun wheeling the barrow about to haul fertilized black soil, plant pots and long handled spades.  My feet were filthy with black dirt when we got home, as were my hands and now I am all washed up and clean and that feels wonderful.  I did okay hobbling around with the wheelbarrow, so that was encouraging; still awkward with my gait, but still improving too. YAY!!

Tomorrow is the last call for doing the laundering of items specifically for our trip.  Once those things are worn they have to be set aside on the clothes racks for packing up.  I have so many other things to do next week now that are not trip related that my planned time for preparation then is being eaten up by other unexpected but necessary tasks. Never fails... 

No comments: