Saturday, December 17, 2011
20 years ago
A lot happened between 30 years ago and 20 years ago: I was in my middle 30's and trying to cope with raising our son and taking a lot of care of my husband who was suffering from burnout and chronic fatigue. I call them the nightmare years. Our carpentry business was failing due to my husband's health issues and I worked a series of jobs, each more horrible than the next, trying to keep us going. Sometime I will chronicle all the provision that came directly from God and all his people during a very dark 10 years or so. I don't know how we survived as a couple and as a family. Many people have suffered more than ourselves but at the time it seemed that the light would never appear at the end of a very long black tunnel. They are difficult years to think about. As I remember that time it seems unbelieveable the way we were provided for. I don't know how it all fit together to bring us to our present circumstance but it did and I am so grateful, SO grateful. Good things I remember are our discovery of our present church affiliation, my husband's discovery of work and healing in Japan, and a good friendship of my own forged with an elderly home care client and his daughter that I was blessed with for several years.
Labels:
Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tell us more about the friendship with your elderly friend. It sounds deep! I'm picturing it in story-form. Or dialogue or something like that.
Post a Comment