Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Joyful Realization

It is one month today since I broke my ankle.  That means that of my 4 to 5 month predicted recovery period, the first month is over!  So now it could be 3 to 4 months before I am walking again.  If the next few months fly past as quickly as this one has all will be endurable.  This possibility will keep me happy for days!  Feeling a bit antsy at the moment as we had melting snow yesterday, now ice of course, and a fresh coat of snow on top. Dell has gone out to shovel and I can't relax until he is safely back indoors.  I think the falling trauma is going to be with me for awhile.  Everytime someone leaves our house I tell them to be careful not to fall.....Dell also has a cold, so again his 5 days off after Christmas are not what he had hoped for.  But he was reading a little book this morning titled Attitude of Gratitude, filled with quotes by Mother Teresa and Lao Tzu and other good theologians and philosophers.  Today Dell is also grateful that life is as good as it is for us both.   

No comments: