Friday, September 18, 2026

Adjusting To The New Next Door Neighbours....A Possible Prayer Request?

 It is just after 9pm on Friday evening and two of our new young fellow neighbours next door have just arrived home after over indulging in some kind of drink or smoke. Sigh...they are sitting on their back deck, just under our bedroom window, cussing and hollering and while they have until 11pm technically to do that, I can only hope they are still going to be able to fathom the time and obey the rules.  I REFUSE to be the crabby, nasty old woman next door, I REFUSE!!!  They have thus far in the nearly a week we have been home, been fairly quiet when inside their suite. The music was a bit loud at first, but we let them know that was unacceptable and they have been great about it ever since.  My husband has an important Diocesan meeting tomorrow morning so I pray he can get some sleep tonight.  AND I pray we don't have to call the emergency rental company number later tonight or in the middle of the night to have noise and music shut down.  As I wrote that last sentence the noisy pair went inside and thus far no music, so perhaps we will be blessed with quiet tonight after all.  Praying so hard this is a good relationship....non existent as it likely will be, if it can at least be quiet I will be thrilled.  We have a suspicion from what we have seen going on, that the young woman who seems to be the lease holder is actually not living there, but is subleasing it to the two fellows.  Since that is completely NOT allowed here we suspect their unusually quiet daily behaviour, (other than tonight), now that we are home from holidays is so that they do not draw unnecessary attention to themselves so they don't get caught.  hahahaha  We could be wrong about this, but we really don't think so as this wouldn't be the first time this stunt has been attempted since we moved in. We've seen it all before.  hahahaha  

Tomorrow morning I have the opportunity to attend the women's breakfast at our church, but I think I will take advantage of having the car while my husband is working and dash over to the grocery store for a number of items on the list.  We are trying to wait until next Wednesday to do a major shop, since we both have too many commitments between now and then to work in a big shop, but I realized tonight there are more things we will need before then that we realized.  I admit I am kind of looking forward to going to the store on my own, even though it will be crowded on a Saturday.  It has been a long time......

No comments: