Friday, September 11, 2026

Trying To Get Ready To Go Home

 I have reached the point where I am content to spend our last few days here doing very little: some quiet hours in the apartment sorting out our personal packing, collecting for return the various kitchen utensils and foodstuffs the kids lent us to make our kitchen more useable, spending time trying to finish a book of crossword puzzles so I don’t feel obligated to take it home with me, having a few more discussions about our future, checking out a couple of more restaurants at lunchtime, trying to decide what bits of elderly wisdom to leave with the kids before we say goodbye on Sunday, watching our phone and email notifications closely in case the airline makes changes to our flights….little drips and drabs of “things” that should be done this weekend.  

Our son is already planning events for our next visit and he hopes that will be early next spring or later next September when so many off Broadway  theatres are not on summer hiatus. He wants to take us to the Guggenheim and try to get another weekend upstate to enjoy that beautiful area more. He wants to find us a less expensive accommodation with a more well equipped kitchen than this one so we can stay for another month, hahaha. 😂 Our son has lots of plans for us, so I really hope there is a way these plans can come about as I look at another likely hip surgery, a hopeful move out of our current accommodation and who knows what else over the next few months. Well, whatever happens in reality, it is good to have dreams to inspire us to keep moving forward.


No comments: