It is a beautiful day today. The sun is shining low in the sky as befits autumn, the sky is autumn blue and cloudless and the temperatures are climbing again for a few days with a high of +23C predicted today, possibly up to +27C by the end of the week. If it can continue into the following week we are going to have a very pleasant trip around the Diocese for all the important meetings that happen each September.
Our company left early this morning to begin wending their way toward Manitoba, visiting old friends and meandering through provincial and national parks to see the fall colours and the wild animals preparing for the winter. They are carrying a small book that describes many beautiful and sometimes not so well known prairie places that are particularly appealing this time of year. Hopefully they will have the chance to visit a fair number of them over the next ten days.
As per usual for me, after having company even for such a short time, I am dead on my feet today. We had a lot of fun going out for dinner last night and I was rather hyper by the time bed time rolled around. I could not get to sleep. I read my book, I watched inane televsion programmes and finally fell asleep just before 2am, but was awake again at 6:30am to take the garbage bin to the curb and get a few things set up for our travellers. I feel an afternoon nap coming on.
I think the specific thing we all noticed about each other during this visit is how much we have all aged over the past year. It wasn't depressing as much as it was a curiosity. Our family has had some rather intense stress over the past 3 months; not bad stresses, just some unexpected stresses that have taken a lot of energy to deal with. Hopefully as the stresses begin to ease we will all regain a bit more "bounce"!
No comments:
Post a Comment