Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Son of Missy

Last evening I looked out at the suet pack and there was a new downy woodpecker gorging on it.  He is a beautiful male and appears to be Missy's offspring.  What a treat to have him along with her back in our area.  He is too tiny to be her mate so am assuming he is her son.  There is  no daddy downy anywhere around that we have seen, but Missy and her as yet unnamed baby boy are certainly welcome and appreciated.  

(I can't believe I am naming birds....or feeding birds....or interested in birds....or that my husband purchased yet another feeder yesterday specifically for the finches...or that he took sanding paper to the plastic landing spokes to roughen them so their "little feet will have a better grip."  What is happening to us???? hahahaha  Is this some particular brand of age induced senility??)

No comments: