I am rather unimpressed with myself just at the moment. About 15 minutes ago I bent over in my office to pick up my purse from the floor, miscalculated the distance between my forehead and the edge of my desk and proceeded to knock myself out when the 2 connected!
Yeee0uch!!
At least I was sitting down on the office chair and didn't land on the floor! I was only "out" for a few seconds but I am still seeing a few "stars" and my forehead has an ugly "goose egg" swelling starting up, right out there for all the world to see.
I suspect I gave myself a mild concussion because there is so little pain all ready and the swelling is pretty tiny for such a mighty crash head first into the furniture. HOWEVER, that is okay. I am ashamed to admit what I am really dreading about this smack on the head.
What I am really dreading is the colouration that may follow this swelling. I don't mind the purples and blues and reds, but those yellows. Oh Lord, preserve me from the yellows. Deep Bruise Yellow is NOT my colour. I look like a cadaver when that colour comes anywhere even close to my face, let alone appears ON my face! hahahahaha
What fun to be so old and clumsy, yet still so vain. Guess I am as human as they come, hahahaha. Yup, no doubt about it.
Now that I have taken a few minutes to discuss it I will get up and see if vaccuming is still on my chore list for this morning. Thank goodness I at least got the floors washed before disfiguring myself once again. I am getting far too good at this smashing into things and knocking myself senseless business.
2 comments:
You have my complete understanding and
sympathy, I rammed the top of my head
into a door frame once.... Full force
of an upward leap (stupid kid) over
something in the door....
I think I saw the same constellations
as you. Take it easy for a while, a
concussion is not to be treated
lightly.
Yup, it is a very mild concussion. I am just fine, finished my housework this afternoon after I got my diagnosis after a long walk to and from the hospital. Just walked and worked slowly and now I am going to make an early supper and relax for the rest of the day. Thanks for your comment...glad to know I am not the only one that miscalcuated distance, BUT you were a kid! I am an adult who should know better. haha
Post a Comment