While I was away last week I broke a bit of filling off a back molar, so today I went to the dentist to see about a possible new filling. Surprise, surprise: I came home with a temporary crown and an appointment for the permanent crown to be placed in 9 days. This is my first crown and there are others needing to be done.
My wallet is as surprised as my mind and body~our dental insurance plan is not always so excited to cover such costs as we are excited to have it cover them. The last time I applied for assistance for a crown it was rejected completely and now we are redoing the application process. In 2 weeks I will know just how much today's surprise crown will actually cost ME and if there will be any assistance available for the one originally rejected.
Never having had a crown before I have no idea what the total cost will be; not even a ballpark figure. All I know is that it will cost less than a bridge between 2 teeth on the other side of my mouth that I am managing to live without for the present time.
Once again the Lord is letting me know that he is looking after providing for us. I thought I had it all figured out this month where the money was coming in from to pay for last week's travels and things were working just fine until they started falling apart yesterday. As we worked on the travel expenses that will be covered by the Diocese, we discovered there have been changes we were unaware of that will cause a delay in receiving our remittance. It will not likely be here now ahead of the bills it is to pay. Today was the next shock.
So, here we go again with God deciding he is going to do things differently than my own very well thought out scheme. It keeps me humble, that is for sure. Once again I am finding that the best laid plans are going awry in my financial planning, through no real fault of my own. All will be well, just very different than what I had expected. I suppose I am guilty of the old adage of "counting my chickens before they hatch", but the money I was counting on is still coming, just rather later than it was supposed to be.
I admit to being rather excited to see how this is all going to play out. It has been awhile since my own financial planning has blown up in my face. All the other times have been signalling the start of new "Adventures in Providence". Will it be the same this time? Are there other unexpected events coming to both shake us up and add interest, even more joy, to our lives?
It seems that when God is going to do new things with and for us, the first hint we get is a list of surprising financial disasters and uncanny provisions to cover them. That seems to be the preparation each time, mentally and emotionally, for other new adventures that are coming.
Now that I am over the shock of suddenly owing a rather large sum to the dentist in the next month that I wasn't expecting, I am feeling sort of excited to see if anything else is coming along that will require a burst of new faith and trust in the Lord. The surge of joy I felt when I realized all my planning has been for nought means that I am ready to start facing the next part of life's adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment