Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Well, Dang It! This Is Not Good…..

For some reason I forgot that I cannot sleep all night with the air conditioning blowing even slightly in the bedroom. That is why it was on all night for the first three nights of our vacation, and that is why I had to trundle a couple of blocks yesterday to Duane Reade Walgreens to get a camphor stick inhalant and an inhaler with very strong meds to start clearing my sinuses. Aiiii yiiiii….I am having a very bad reaction to the A/C. The medication in this OTC inhaler is much stronger than any of the permitted OTC inhalers I can purchase in Canada….thankfully. It is working well, but this morning my voice is gone and I am coughing. This is my typical A/C reaction….sigh. Constantly draining sinuses makes for a miserable time.

I don’t know how well our plans for today are going to work out but I will try to plough through them. I don’t feel ill, but not sure of the wisdom of pushing myself. It isn’t even 7am, so I have time to fully wake up and assess. Gosh, we are supposed to be heading upstate in a couple of days to the rental cabin….praying I can be well enough to go as the kids are footing the bill and I don’t want to be responsible for ruining everything. Would my praying family and friends be willing to pray with me about this? Thanks so much.


No comments: