It is past my bedtime and since I slept poorly last night I really do need to get to sleep now, but it is difficult to shut off the random thoughts cycling through my brain, so I will post something here in hopes I get sleepy by the time I am done.
Last night's dinner at our new friends' home was the most wonderful time. The food was great, but even better was the visit and the ambiance took me back to having dinners at the homes of my parents' friends when I was young: beautifully appointed homes on large, elegantly landscaped properties, the best china, antique cut crystal wine glasses, proper table settings, elegantly dressed hosts and guests, walls covered in works of art and book cases filled with artists' biographies and academic texts, people with enough reserve that no one had to worry that the conversation would ever take a too personal or embarrassing turn, but with still enough personal sharing to relax everyone....the amazingly wonderful forgotten memories of times just like this that occurred when I was growing up...BONUS! It was like stepping back in time, before life became confusing and frightening and eventually hum drum like it is now. I am grateful for last night's entertainments on a variety of levels. Thank you Lord for letting me know that there are still people like this in the world that I am privileged to be getting to know. What a blessing!
After a wretched sleep last evening, I allowed myself to laze around this morning. By noon I was concerned that another lazy day was not going to be good for me, but just after lunch I remembered that my walking partner is coming over tomorrow morning and the weather may not allow us to go walking anywhere outside this suite! I gazed about at the dusty furniture and lint covered carpets, tried to remember when I last cleaned the bathroom properly or washed the kitchen floor and realized it is quite possible that if my walking partner does make it over in the morning that I didn't want her to see such filth and disarray!!! Suddenly I became VERY motivated to get moving and start cleaning!! By dinner time I had everything but two of the upstairs bedrooms cleaned! YAY!!! It felt absolutely wonderful to get so much done. I unplugged the phone and shut off my iPad so I wouldn't be tempted to be distracted and worked away very happily for several hours. Talk about an encouraging day! Once I got going the energy came back.
My husband spent a second day on cleaning up my computer both internally and externally. As it happened, the extra RAM he ordered for both our computers arrived at noon today...talk about perfect timing! By this evening he had everything up and running again and the whole process of logging on has become a far less arduous process. This PCU has been known to take up to seven full minutes to get up to speed and let me into my programmes. Now it is down to around two minutes to load everything up. What a difference! It is going to need a new hard drive soon, but for now, it is marvellous to use. Bless that man for his tenacity with these computer projects. He is self-taught, learns as he goes along, so he isn't fast, but he gets the job done. Oh that I should be as smart as he is with such things!
Tomorrow he is going to see the doctor for his recent test results. Fortunately he has already seen them himself online, so there shouldn't be too many unhappy surprises. He is still waiting for his appointment for a bladder scan. I cannot imagine what is taking so long. It is nearly two weeks since the referral was made and today he tried calling the imaging clinic to see if anything had been set up yet, as he wants to save them the hassle of rebooking around our trip to the funeral. He left a message but no one called back. So tomorrow he will tell the doctor he hasn't had the scan yet, get his prescription refills based on the other lab work and sit around waiting some more I suppose. What a different experience from my own bladder scans a few months ago at a different clinic. I had my doctor's appointment in the morning, the same afternoon her office manager called me to tell me when my appointment was and the following morning I got a call from the imaging clinic confirming that appointment. My husband, on the other hand, has been waiting nearly two weeks to hear from anyone at all. Different clinic, different process I guess. He did check with the doctor's office manager to see if the referral had been forwarded to the imaging clinic and it definitely had. And so, we wait.........He was so hoping to have it before we left for the funeral, but hope is fading I am afraid.
Had two good conversations with Mom today. She had an in person doctor's appointment yesterday, her first in well over a year and it was a good appointment. She got some help with lesions on her scalp and some creams and ointments for other skin issues, so she is happy for the assistance. She went to Happy Hour again today and had a great time, even happily endured the country music musicians who were "entertaining" the residents. hahaha She has really come alive since the COVID19 restrictions have eased and her heart medications have helped her cope with her medical issues.
My husband spent some time on the phone with Raymond this evening. Between them they have the funeral for Ruth planned out and are now only awaiting a last conversation with the priest to confirm a few details.
There....my plan is working....rereading the details of my day is so boring, I actually am starting to fall asleep....better hie away to bed before the feeling leaves me again!
No comments:
Post a Comment