What a great day!
Our hotel is filled with preteen hockey players from Ontario, so we were up a bit late last night waiting for the noise in the hallway to stop, but still had a fairly decent sleep. Yay! A seriously scary windstorm at 8pm did not bring the forecast, badly needed rain unfortunately, and we awoke this morning to sunny skies. We have not seen the mountains to the west at all due to forest fire smoke so my husband is disappointed.
Mom gamely toured the grocery store this morning, picking up all needed items, then my husband dropped us off at her place so he could go on errands of his own. Mom and I shared a teeny, tiny lunch each of a thin slice of ham on a mini dinner bun, a 1inch square piece of cake and a half slice of raisin bread. I felt so wonderful from NOT overeating.
Then we had the kind of afternoon I really enjoy: I washed, dried and ironed 2/3 of mom’s clothing and her bed linens and blankets while we chattered like a couple of magpies all afternoon! It was such fun for me and took a big load from mom’s shoulders. She has been putting off doing laundry because of how sore her shoulder is since her fall.
My husband returned to collect us to go to mom’s favourite Chinese restaurant for a superb dinner! Thank you Lemon Garden. We have not been there for two years, thank you pandemic, but the server remembered everything about our previous visits including what drinks each of us likes with our meals! She was so sorry to hear that dad had died, she lost her mother around the same time, tough year for her too!
Mom was happy to go home for a rest afterward and now I am blogging and watching the Olympics on tv.
1 comment:
Glad you has a great day with your mom! Precious memories made.
Post a Comment