Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Mom Amazes Me!

 I had a rare long and relaxing sleep last night. Somebody must have prayed for me! Whoever you are, thank you SO much!!! I was in bed for 9 hours, 8 of them spent sleeping and the other spent listening to and enjoying the complete, almost eerie silence that often engulfs the hallways of hotels on the first night after a long weekend. 

Mom and I accomplished every task required at her bank today. Accounts were consolidated, safety deposit boxes closed, beneficiaries named, ooooh yes...high finance wheeling and dealing indeed, hahaha. The amount of work for everyone involved for even such a small amount of money was exhausting for Mom and I. We celebrated our accomplishments with a hotel room picnic my husband had ready for us: hard boiled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, chicken Caesar salad wraps, carrot sticks, red pepper slices, grapes, cherries, peanuts, two kinds of cheese, and apple cinnamon muffins. Delightful! Bless him.

After lunch Mom and I had our London Drugs shopping marathon. That was fun, but she was pretty tired afterward, so I had her home by 2pm. I headed back to another store to find a couple of items she couldn’t find at London Drugs. 

I went back to the hotel then and my husband went to Mom’s to check out a blown fuse situation. He will return there after dinner to help her set up a better arrangement of plugging in her air conditioner and appliances so her fuses don’t keep blowing. 

The weather temperatures have been kept reasonable by the forest fire smoke hanging in the atmosphere. 

So far so good for everything on this trip. Yay!!!

No comments: