Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Life In A Stupor

 That pretty much sums things up for me. Since childhood I have suffered from a sleep disorder and staying in hotels can be a bit of a nightmare. I feel like I am in a fog, or living under water most of the time even when I am at home and sleeping in my own bed, so having to spend nights in a hotel room, in a different bed, hearing different noises, such as last night’s herd of elephants....oops, I mean children....smashing and bashing about overhead until the early hours of the morning, listening to my husband’s snoring that only happens when he too is sleeping in a strange new bed, not being able to turn on the overly bright bedside reading lamp so I can read myself back to sleep because it wakes him up....ooooh such nights seem endless. It is coming up to 7am. I have been awake since 3:30am because I fell asleep at 9:30pm and dutifully woke up at the end of my usual six hours maximum sleep. So, I did get my required sleeping hours, but waking up to start the day at 3:30am is never a good thing. 


However, I shall slog through the day as always. I will force myself to eat breakfast for the sake of my blood sugar and get my suitcase repacked. I will help my husband with the driving onward to mom’s and make certain we arrive in her city in time for a small lunch before going to see her. I will remember to ask my list of prepared questions when we meet with her home care supervisor this afternoon and help her with her banking files after that. Then we will plan the rest of our time together and confirm with her the times of meetings she has set up with various banks, arrange her shopping trips etc. Then it will be time to check into the next hotel. At least we are staying for several nights there so the bed will be more comfortable and familiar, I have stayed at that hotel before and am aware of how to mitigate the noise issues there. 


Onward I go, muffled brain, sluggish movements and all. It WILL be a good trip! It WILL!

2 comments:

SusanE said...

Those sleep deprived days are not fun!! Praying for a clear head and a good visit, and safe travels.

Susan said...

Thanks! Things are going happily well. So glad. Perhaps I will sleep really well tonight. There is always hope!