Thursday, February 19, 2015

More Blessed Than We Even Knew!

I haven't been outside yet today but have just spoken with two friends who have.  Apparently the freezing rain we got a taste of on our way home last night hit our town earlier this morning.  The highways in all directions have been closed all morning.  The ban has been changed now to "travel not recommended due to ice cover" on most of them, but the road to the Alberta border is still closed.  The roads here are so rarely closed, even when my husband and I cannot believe they have been allowed to remain open, I can only surmise that the condtions must be very bad indeed.

We ALMOST decided to stay in Regina last night due to weariness and only at the last minute realized it would create too much more backlog here at home than we are all ready dealing with, so returned after all.


Thank God, is all I can say!  Downtown is a skating rink right now so we are waiting to do our address changes until after lunch. Hopefully by then the sanding trucks will have been able to get out and get the main streets de-iced and the businesses will have the ice melt down on the sidewalks. Yesterday it was in the -20C's and right now it it is +1C.  No wonder there is freezing rain instead of snow.  Tonight and tomorrow the snow is coming again.  I pray it gets it all out of its system before our moving truck arrives on Monday....yikes!

As much as prairie weather fascinates me, (obviously, teehee), I can't help but hope I develop some more interesting topics to blog about once we get moved.

No comments: