Friday, February 13, 2015

Two Households....Arrrrrggghh!

This afternoon I thought about what we are going to need to survive a few days in the new place before the movers bring our things.  It is a good thing we have some room in the half ton to take all the provisions!! haha

I have camp mattresses and bedding, a small suitcase with a week's worth of clothes and my husband will put together one for himself, a backpack of dishes with cutlery, a pot, a cutting board and a butcher knife, a set of towels for each of us and a set for the kitchen, a kettle, personal hygiene products and hair styling equipment, makeup and medications, hand soap, dish and laundry soap, a couple of small lamps and a phone for testing out whether or not the new line is working properly.

Can you tell I am determined not to take a hotel for the few nights before the moving van arrives?  I want any spare money to go toward new living room furniture and desks and not into the pockets of the owners of a hotel chain.  I will take my own breakfast foods on our first trip down and get a few groceries at the store near our new place to have in place for the second trip down.

One thing I am not taking down ahead of time is my computer.  I can live happily without it for a week or so.  Every so often it is nice to know no one can find me and I don't have to feel accountable to anyone with emails and blogging etc.  Once I am reconnected it will be a great thrill to be back in touch, but a couple of times a year I need time off. This is a built in time for a communications break.  No phones to answer for the first few days will also be quite wonderful.  I love my phone but good sense has to prevail occasionally and I need to take time away from calls.  

I am so grateful for the way things are coming together.  We were able to provide our change of address to a few companies today, more next week between trips.  The truck is partially packed for trip number one and my husband spent some time figuring out how to maximize the space.  What a wonderful blessing to have access to that truck. Thank you Lord and thank you Cliff and Yvonne!!

My final doctor's appointment this afternoon went very well.  O how I am going to miss that wonderful doctor of mine.  She seems sorry to be losing me as a patient....only because I am obedient and it has shown good results. haha I wish she and my current dentist were moving along with me, but no such luck! haha

Time to go and eat my rather late evening meal.  My husband is at a restaurant with his assistant and the assistant's post-ordination committee for a meeting and I have been enjoying a television programme I rarely get to watch.  

Had some company from our other church today as well.  We had the most wonderful chat.  Wish we had been geographically closer, or at least that winter weather has not gotten in the way of the two of us getting together more often.

Okay...food...must eat....noodles and chicken and veggies and fruit....YUM!  

No comments: