Tuesday, November 20, 2012
And Again Our Town Says Farewell...........Sigh....
Word is out that our Sears order office will be closing very soon. It is not closing due to diminishing sales. Apparently there is no one able or willing to take over from the retiring manager of the outlet. This will be a huge blow to the folk who have ordered so many things regularly over the years. I was about to order a new mattress set and now with the closure there will be a number of delivery problems and associated costs, so I will go elsewhere in a search for a good old fashioned memory foam free mattress. This is most disappointing, for myself but particularly for all the regular Sears customers. It is the usual scenario: no young people able to stay around the town to run the retail sector. As I watch our town dying so quickly I can't say that I blame them for bailing to the larger, more exciting centres with at least a few higher paying jobs available. Lots of university grads now from our little town who can't get jobs in their field in a place this tiny and so have to move on. I have never been privy before to the death of a small town....(and without a very fast turn around in direction it will indeed die out in the next few years).....it is frightening to see how quickly things can change in once booming little centres.
Labels:
Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment