So today we have a few hours round trip to another town, as mentioned in the last post, to do some diocesan business and we really do have to be there. Fortunately we are travelling for most of the journey with a lovely couple who have lived here their entire lives and are used to driving in the dreadful conditions we are facing.........the horrendous FREEZING RAIN! Aaaaaargh!! WHY DO I LIVE HERE???
I am trying not to worry but after reading the weather report as to how widespread this icy rain is to be, I admit I wish we did not have to be on the road this afternoon nor tonight. I am grateful for the other couple's big old 4WD farm vehicle that is so heavy and so much safer than our wee car. I am grateful for their years of driving experience in this kind of weather and on these icy roads, but I am still not so excited about being out there on the road with all the other vehicles slipping and sliding about on the ice.
The candidates for our episcopal election are driving out as a group from Regina to this meeting and have even more hours of driving to face than we do. They have their last diocesan meeting several hours on the other side of Regina tomorrow morning....that is if they can get there.
We may all be staying in Swift Current overnight tonight and so I am going right now to pack up my toothbrush and a change of clothes to take along.
Ooooh, how I detest the prairie winters. They are too terrifying for me!! But I have a feeling I am going to be facing them for years to come............
No comments:
Post a Comment