I admit I spent most of the day somewhat tied up in knots wondering if we had truly saved the life of my favourite little bird yesterday. Her mate arrived at his usual time this morning to have a good feed of mixed nuts from the feeder but there was no sign of her at all.
But just after dinner, as I was standing at the kitchen window peering out at the feeders, she suddenly swooped down out of a large tree and headed straight for her favourite suet mixture. She ate and ate and ate, then had a good long drink out of the waterer before flying off once again.
I was so happy I cried.
But I blame stress from earlier in the day for that.....I don't cry over birds....nope, not me....welllll, maybe I did a couple of times since yesterday........but really it was just the stress of our car ignition dying today and knowing how much hassle it is going to be if we can't get it fixed in time to head out Wednesday sometime for clergy days in Regina. It isn't good form to miss mandatory clergy days, although we do live in a diocese with people that understand not being able to make a 5 hour drive with no car and not having the kind of public transportation services that would allow us to take that route. Cancelling hotels at the last possible second before we would be charged for them anyway.....waiting until that last second just in case the car IS ready in time, having to arrange to borrow a vehicle tomorrow so that my husband can get to work out of town in the morning........one little car ignition fails and the whole week's plans are now up in the air. My husband is going to have to walk me the 8 blocks to physiotherapy and back Wednesday morning so I don't risk falling on the way to get an x-ray and a discharge from the therapist...wouldn't that just take the cake eh? hahaha
More sad news about the son of fellow clergy. The young man was playing hockey on the weekend without a proper visor on his face mask. He took a puck to the eye, which ruptured and although he had immediate emergency surgery there is no guarantee it has been saved. Chances of him actually being able to see out of it again are slim to none. Sigh....young people don't realize how the damage happens in an instant and can be life changing. We are just sick for him and his family as they add this new stress into their lives.
On a happier note my newish computer is up and running. When my dear wonderful husband was not kicking the car and freaking out about the possible disaster of this week he was transferring all my computer data to the new machine.
Had a great email exchange with my son and he is so happy these days, crazy busy like his dad, but so happy and so much to look forward to in the next few months.
The Christmas cards and letters are completed and as soon as I can get to the post office I will get them mailed away. Have cut down severely on the number sent so that is saving some money and eliminating sending to a few folk who aren't that much needing to hear from us any more.
Saturday night is our church family banquet.....catered......all we do is eat and enjoy! Our people deserve that after all the hard work they put into the fundraising dinners throughout the year.
Received a Christmas dinner invite tonight from dear dear friends in another town. Looks like we will be able to see them and go to see our families in Calgary at some point before the new year as well. Maybe by then our car will be safe to travel in again. Yeah.......
No comments:
Post a Comment