This morning I noticed that the local bakery is open again. There was a terrible fire in the building last winter and the decision of the owners at that time was that it wouldn't be possible to reopen.
BUT it is open, it is, it is!!
The return of any retail business to our town is big news, exciting news, in this case yummy news.
I just HAD to celebrate with them, particularly after finding out that on their first day of reopening the doughnut fryer blew up. Those poor people. They deserve a sympathy buy from myself.
So........a few dozen cookies and muffins later......
Now, if I can just exercise some self-discipline and freeze a few things for company at a later date......yeah.........there's a plan.........yeah.........
I'll let you know how that's workin' for me..........
(The chocolate chip cookies are delicious, by the way.....and there is a muffin calling my name.....urp.....)
No comments:
Post a Comment