Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Tis Done, Hallelujah!!

No more physiotherapy!  YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!  I was discharged this morning.  I have to wait until tomorrow to receive the final report of my x-ray results from the radiologist, but it certainly appears on initial reading that there is no sign of necrosis setting in.  There is what will likely remain a permanent "hitch in my get along" when I go down stairs, but so what?  It is a minor inconvenience.  

The skill of the surgeons never ceases to amaze me. How can a teeny ankle like mine hold that much metal hardware??? Such precision is needed to attach the pins and plates and screws in just the right places.  X-rays fascinate me. I wish I had known more about them when I was still young enough to take courses to become an x-ray technician and have a useful career.  But that is a topic for a different blog entry.

So, today I rejoice in what appears to be good news:  release from therapy and relief that life goes on as usual. No immediately looming surgeries.  I am so very grateful....for so many things.

Now I can concentrate on making a few Christmas plans with my husband.  YIPPEEEEEEE!!

No comments: