Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mirror Mirror

Last night the movie Mirror Mirror finally came on my satellite movie channel.  It didn't get a lot of box office blitz and I didn't read any reviews, but I got the feeling it kind of fizzled at the box office as it didn't last long in the theatres.

So I wasn't sure I wanted to stay up late enough to watch it, but I am so glad I did.  It is understated and hilarious, great costumes and sets, plus my favourite actor Nathan Lane has a sizeable role in it.  Great hokey humour and some good more sophisticated one liners, some interesting casting and a good lot of fun.  

I think this is my favourite take on the Snow White story.

1 comment:

chris e. said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look for this one. I too like what Nathan Lane does with his roles.
Gosh, a movie made in the last decade that i might actually enjoy??? Pinch me i must be dreaming!