Sunday, November 25, 2012

An Anniversary This Week

This is a significant week for me.  Wednesday is the one year anniversary of my fall when I broke my ankle in far too many places and displaced too many bones.  As it happens I get to have my final (?) physiotherapy session that morning and also an x-ray to check on the healing process.  The hope is that blood is flowing properly to all the bones involved so that I will not have to have an ankle fusion.  I am very hopeful about that as I am not experiencing the kind of pain or lack of distal movement to indicate a serious problem.

As soon as my appointment is over we leave for Regina for some meetings.  Assuming all is well with my ankle we are going to treat ourselves to a grand dinner out that night to celebrate. Simply being able to find a decent hotel room for a couple of nights the same week that Regina is hosting their annual Agribition and also the Canadian Cowboys Rodeo Final, is reason enough to have a celebration! It has been a bear of a year in a lot of ways, but particularly in regard to my health.  May this one year anniversary be the start of a more healthy and happy year.

2 comments:

chris e. said...

Amen to that! How about the start of MANY more happy healthy years?

Susan said...

At this point I would settle for either/or........