Friday, November 16, 2012

Too Much of a Good Thing

I think that I ate all the "pickled peppers Peter Piper picked" on my pizza last night.  I am paying the price.  It is 2:30am and I am wide awake with a vaguely queasy tummy, a touch of heartburn and an overwhelming essence of red peppers hovering about my sinuses.

Ooooh, I love peppers but lately they have been less than fond of me.  

The upset is worth it.  They are wonderfully delicious.  

I knew I would pay the price and I didn't care.

Sin in haste and repent at leisure.  Isn't that how the old saying goes?  

Apparently I will be repenting for my pepper gluttony for the rest of the night.  So very thankful for a computer and some good books to read.  I am going to just enjoy being awake in the middle of the night!

Take that red peppers, take that!!

1 comment:

chris e. said...

Greetings fellow red pepper junkie! I started getting the red pepper 'encore' a few years ago. Fry the little buggers before ingesting! They don't have to be limp or anything, just soft. The flavour is still good and once they're down the hatch, they stay there.