Tuesday, April 21, 2026

A Better Day All Around Today!!

 Today was a pretty good day after quite a few stressful weeks of daily concern over my husband's health. Today was his third day of following the dietary and rest protocols he came up with, as well as the second day of taking a digestive enzyme that may also be helpful.  His biologist/scientist sister suggested a few years ago that it is very possible he is lacking in a digestive enzyme and that is causing at least some of the recurring stomach issues.  Time to check that out and see if she was right.  He was also able to find a brand of caprylic acid that doesn't contain cloves, so that also seems to help his tummy settle.  We shall see how the rest of the week goes, but today he fended off a possible 4am attack with his snack and went back to sleep after for a few hours, ate lightly at breakfast and then did some computer work, we had lunch together and watched the news, then we went for a nice walk in the sunny, +22C (!!!) weather...out among the neighbourhood trees with NO MORE snow around their bases.  I only lasted about 4 blocks before my thigh muscles started to ache and my husband was exhausted, so we came home again at that point, but the fresh air did us good. (AND he had no other tummy attacks today) In fact it got so warm in our place by late afternoon that we had the joy of opening the upstairs windows for the first time since last October to cool things down for sleeping tonight!  I can see that the best thing to help the last of my post surgical recovery at this point is to get outside and walk as far as I can as often as I can. I need the outdoor space to practise lengthening my stride over longer distances. YES! AND I will get another chance to do that again tomorrow afternoon...before we get more rain and snow flurries and cold temperatures starting tomorrow evening and lasting into Friday. The chilly temperatures will last even longer than the rain and flurries. Dang it!!

After our walk and a short recovery rest time, we started our income taxes at long last. My code got here yesterday, so we got set up to do everything online once I finished setting up my tax account and checking to see that the government has the same income documents that I do.  We found a couple of online tax programmes with auto tax abilities that we tried using and in both cases things started out well.....until we came to the programme accessing our CRA accounts and loading up the pension and other income sources.  In both cases a pension income of over fourteen thousand dollars appeared on my husband's tax page from some pension plan that my husband is not, and has never been, a part of!  Fortunately this mistaken pension income is not recorded on the CRA website under his account, but what kind of glitch is this???  So even when we tried using the programmes' sites where we record the numbers ourselves, we kept getting this weird pension glitch.  Tomorrow I think, in the interest of time since the deadline for filing is fast approaching, we will just download and print the tax forms we need, fill them out by hand as always and get them mailed in this week.  At least we were able to crack into our CRA accounts okay, hahaha, for once. We were able to check all the income records they have for us and compare their documents to the ones we received in the mail from the various banks and pension companies. I think we can finish everything up and get everything sent in before the end of this week, Lord and my husband's health willing!  YAY!!  It is all good.

No comments: