Tuesday, April 7, 2026

A Tad Concerned Today!

 I woke up at 3am to pray for our son. He is supposed to be flying to southern Florida early this morning, but the area he is going to is under a flash flood warning due to an incoming severe thunderstorm. At the moment  his flight is a half hour delayed and the only other major airline with a flight scheduled there from NYC has already been canceled.  Guess I can admit I am hoping his flight will also be canceled because I don’t want him to be in any danger. Praying for wisdom on the part of his airline if there is actually a real risk of danger to the island community he is supposed to be working in today. I don’t know what arrangements his boss, who is in hospital back in NYC is prepared to make for him if he was to find himself stranded in Florida due to flooding! Even under excellent conditions it would be a gruelling day: four hours of waiting in airports, six hours of flying, for three or four hours of work. I have been praying he doesn’t come down with another headache if he does end up going. 

His wife leaves for work in Texas tomorrow for the better part of a week, so I am hoping she is sufficiently over her recent heavy cold to enjoy her work there! 

The work schedules these two are dealing with are ridiculously busy and stressful in my opinion. So thankful they live in a cultural mecca  where they can enjoy their rare time off attending plays, opera, dance performances and gallery openings. 

No comments: