Tuesday, April 28, 2026

When A Situation Reaches Ludicrous Speed, All You Can Do Is Laugh, Right? Of Course Right!

In my husband's attempts to straighten out a mistake one of our banks made on already submitted information to the CRA, he had to wait nearly 3 weeks to get a phone call appointment with our financial advisor and that call appointment was this morning. hahahaha  I HAVE to start laughing right away to deal with the craziness.  Well, news flash: he discovered that our financial advisor there is no longer our financial advisor, nor  financial advisor to anyone else. He has been removed from the role and has been demoted. SO he told my husband that for the past few months we have actually had a new financial advisor and her name is......!  He has left a message for her to call my husband, but there is no guarantee he will hear from her before Thursday, the absolutely last day that taxes can be submitted.  hahahaha  This is not the first time this has happened to us at this bank and is one of the reasons I pulled all my own RRIF's, TSFA's and what have you out of there a couple of years ago.  I guess if my husband doesn't hear from the new FA by late this afternoon he is just going to have to go ahead and muddle along with the CRA info he has, incorrect or not, and get things submitted on time. hahahahaha 

In other news: I have been waiting for a text from our dental office regarding paying the amount for my crown that is not covered by our dental plan.  I have been waiting for a few weeks now.  I did get a notice last week as to how much the insurance company was going to contribute to the cost of the crown, but what I didn't know until this morning is that they, instead of sending that amount directly to the dental office....direct billing is what we have always done there....they deposited the amount covered into MY bank account the other day.  Hahahahahahaha again, right? hahahahaha.....  So, I called the dental office and spoke to the employee there who has to deal with these crazy dental plan folk and she was so grateful that I let her know!!  She said this is not the first time this particular company has pulled that stunt, and if I had not called her it would have taken several weeks to several months for her to be calling them more than a few times trying to straighten it out before the dental office received their payment.  Usually the clients don't bother to call, assuming the dental office and the insurance company have worked this out themselves.  HAH!  I however have dealt with this insurance company for many years and am on to a lot of their tricks, so I knew I had to call the dental office. Thank goodness.  My crown is now paid for, the dental office has been paid, the insurance company is not going to be hounded for weeks by calls from the dental office and everyone is more or less happy at this point. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....sigh.

Good news: the pensions came in on time today so our rent is paid.  As far as today's news, that's about as good as it gets folks! hahaha....

MORE GOOD NEWS:  I am really enjoying doing physio steadily now, 6 days a week, but only half of the full roster of exercises each time.  If I can get each session done in the mornings I am no longer too exhausted to do other housework and shopping and go for walks in the afternoons. I am also not as tempted to "cheat" on how I am doing each exercise, so each rep is getting more attention to detail. As I have had more healing of late I am free to make that adjustment, yay!

The weather is warming up now and that is also good news.  I was able to walk over to the office to pay rent this morning with just a light sweater on over my shirt. The sun is shining today, more of the latest snowfall has melted, leaving only a few small piles of snow in the more shaded areas around our deck and under the trees in the park across the street.  Maybe, just maybe Spring is finally in the beginning stages of its arrival.  Dare we hope??? 

Looks like my coffee buddy and I will be able to get together this week after having to miss last week's chit chat once again due to weather issues.  At the end of the week I am going to spend a full afternoon with another friend with disabilities who is filling up her time friends during her couple of days alone while her husband has to be out of town.  It is always a fun time as we have so much to talk about and we enjoy sharing a coffee, snack, books and magazines when we get together.  Looking forward to these small social events this week...nice to have some celebrations after taxes are done.  My husband may be up to going out for chicken dinner once he has that stress over and done with.  He has been a bit better once again the past two days, needing only some carbonated water to settle his stomach between 5am and 6am instead of also needing a snack.  Then he can last until about 8am to have his breakfast.  Slowly he is improving, but we still haven't figured out what the dietary culprit is this time.  It may take weeks yet, but we will continue to write his food journal each day, and also research and experiment with his diet.  There is always some particular food that he can no longer tolerate, it is just a matter if figuring out what it is and sometimes, even with the diet diary, it is very difficult to pin down.  Onward and upward and we will continue seeking.

Had a really nice chat with our son yesterday.  He was getting ready for the annual fundraising gala last night that his wife organizes for her theatre company. It is a huge affair and this is only her second or third year of being in charge of all the details, but apparently it went well according to a text she sent me this morning.  Thrilled for her.  Our son had a studio visit the other night with the organizer of the Esther III art fair he has some works in next month. Fortunately she liked what she saw, so he is preparing to ship the works to the venue in the next few days.  Our "kids" are having their first year wedding anniversary later this week and have happy plans for a special dinner out.  They are prepared now to nail down a date toward the end of the summer/early autumn to rent the venue they want for this very much delayed celebration.  We get such a mental boost hearing about their busy and generally happy lives.

Well, time for lunch.  I was up so early this morning that I am going to be eating before noon today and that will leave me free to grocery shop this afternoon if I feel like it.   Aaaah, a joy of retirement: setting my own shopping schedules up each week! hahaha

No comments: