While my husband didn’t have any big tummy episodes yesterday, for which we are both grateful, his stomach was slightly irritated all day so now he will begin journaling symptoms each time he adds a food and drink back into his currently rather barren list of agreeable menu items. He has been living on yogurt, prunes, chicken, peanut butter, carbonated water and the occasional pancake with raspberries for the past three weeks. My tea granny husband has not had a cup of tea in about two weeks now, so soon he will try adding in each variety a few days apart to see if any of those are bothering him. It is always like looking for a needle in a haystack but eventually we discover the culprit and permanently eliminate it from his diet. At this point we are both exhausted from this latest round. I was so tired last night that my own stomach was upset so neither myself nor my exhausted husband made it out to the music recitals last night we had been so excited about attending. Sigh…..
On the positive front: my husband was well enough to attend his weekly Zoom meeting and also managed to overcome the CFS exhaustion long enough to come out grocery shopping with me after lunch. We got to three stores so I got lots of non-cane walking done and he survived the trip, even did the driving. Bless him.
Also, my CRA code finally arrived in the mail…well, actually it ended up in our neighbour’s mailbox and she kindly delivered it to me. (Whose mailbox ALL my utility bills ended up in this month I have no idea, but whoever received them has not brought them to me, so I will be busy on the phone this morning getting the amounts due….I am so fed up with Canada Post for more reasons than this.)
I got my physio done yesterday and plan to do another round today. I enjoyed getting out to do so much walking yesterday. We park in the farthest away spots from the entrances to the grocery stores to give me a few extra steps. The sunshine was a huge blessing and seeing the snow from the last storm melting away so quickly made me happy….more flurries on the way, but they shouldn’t last too many days on the ground.
Well, we shall see what today brings, but I have resigned myself to sticking close to home for a few more weeks until my husband is better again….at least as “better” as he ever is with this wretched CFS. My own upset last night was likely from the stress of subconsciously worrying about him. My prayer today is that he can rally long enough this week and next to work with me on figuring out the doing of our taxes online before the looming deadline passes us by.
No comments:
Post a Comment