Ever since I was a little girl I wondered what it would be like to live in a climate where it was sunny and warm almost every day, no rain or other preciptation to worry about....aaaaahhh....what would it be like?
This summer, here in Regina, I came as close to that as I ever have in my life. Although there are no palm trees or ocean beaches, the constant sun, warmth and absence of precipitation were the stuff of my childhood dreams. Absolutely WONDERFUL!!
Then, just like that (insert finger snap here) it is all over.
I woke up this morning to +9C with a forecast high of only +14C and that will be one of the warmer daytime highs forecast for the next 2 weeks. Approximately 4 days of rain are scheduled for next week and the skies are to remain overcast most days...although some days it may be difficult to tell if the overcast conditions are the result of dark clouds or an abundance of forest fire smoke or a combination of both. The overnight temperatures are dropping now to just above freezing.
Yesterday I was thinking I was too far ahead of the autumn wardrobe switchover as I ironed all my winter shirts and tops and hung them up. I packed up my capri pants and all the summer whites, other than a white tee shirt and summer oversweater I put on yesterday and again this morning to take the bottles and cans to recycling. I felt a bit of regret that I was packing up my "dead of summer" clothes items so soon, but I think it was because I couldn't imagine/refused to imagine that the autumn would arrive overnight without the expected downhill slow slide into the season. Although there will likely be some very nice days once the oncoming weather system passes us by in a couple of weeks, it isn't going to be sun dress and capri pants weather any more.
Big, sad, depressed SIGH.......
Just like that.......done, over and gone.......waaaaaaahhhhhh!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment