For the moment I refuse to give in and push that switch on. It is only +10C outside and I don't think it is all that much warmer here inside the suite! However, I am nothing if not stubborn!
From sleeveless sun dresses and bare feet in my sandals 4 days ago, today I have had to change into long pants, a top with a sleeved sweater, socks and shoes. I wore a scarf to go to the grocery store this morning in order to avoid putting a coat on over my sweater. It is TOO MUCH OF A CHANGE o weather man, too much, too quickly!! BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
I am rethinking my outdoor walk today and not just because of the amount of forest fire smoke swirling around in the air.
This is downright depressing! ALTHOUGH, last night I got an email from friends who are in Jasper trying to have a short holiday. They were able to secure two nights of accommodation before all the hotels filled up for the weekend, but for the past 2 nights they have been camping in an area with a fire ban, so no campfire could be lit to keep them warm in their tent. They are praying for a cancellation at a hotel for this, their final, evening away or they may have to come home early to avoid another miserably cold night of tenting. All my prayers guys that you have success in finding warmer accommodation for tonight!!
At least I have this firm roof over my head and a furnace I CAN turn on when I decide I can mentally cope with that all ready in mid-September. Really, despite these temperatures being below average for September, they still wouldn't be such a big deal if it hadn't been SO hot less than one week ago. Wow, how things change out here on the prairies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment