Saturday, September 23, 2017

Thank You Husband Dear

I enjoyed a lovely surprise tonight when my husband returned home from a successful meeting at work.  He walked in, asked me how many loads of laundry I did today and when I responded with "9 loads", he said he was taking me out for dinner!  

YES!!  

Going out for dinner is always a lovely thing, but the fact that it was his own idea and that he based it on my work load of the day is an even lovelier thing.  He was feeling celebratory because he was proud of himself for finally taking only his third sick day of this year from work, the meeting he led in the absence of the bishop was successful, AND the Dean of the Cathedral gave him some very spontaneous, thoughtful praise for the sheer amount of work he is attempting to do in his position.  I am so happy for him that it was such a great day, both because of the successful meeting and because of the unexpected heaping of praise upon him.  Bless you dear Dean of the Cathedral. You encouraged my husband even more than you likely thought you did.

We decided to go to Original Joe's as we haven't been there for a long time, plus they now have a Saturday late afternoon happy hour.  We arrived early enough to take full advantage of their $3 appetizer specials.  The little beef slider came on a teensy round bun that reminded us so much of our old favourite Freshness Burger outlet in Tokyo. All it needed was a 5cm stack of shredded cabbage on top of the meat patty and it would have been nearly identical to those tiny Japanese burgers. We spent about half what we would normally spend on dinner there.  Again with the "lovely"!!  Then we went for a short walk before coming home so I could complete my final 2 loads of drying laundry and getting everything folded, hung up and otherwise put away. My husband is watching an older movie, Oceans Thirteen, that he has seen numerous times previously and thoroughly enjoying the relaxing time.  He is off work tomorrow and MAYBE Monday as well!!  I can only hope......anyway, he is happy, I am happy.....this has been a fabulous weekend thus far with equal amounts of rest, work and play.

Thank you very much friends and family who have been praying for us, particularly for my husband.  He is weathering the storm in no small thanks to your prayers. Obviously God is listening to you and being merciful to us as a result.

No comments: