Friday, September 21, 2018

A Lovely Surprise For Mom

My mom called me last evening, bubbling over with joy.  I told her she must be feeling quite a bit better after her bout on Sunday at the hospital and she told me she was feeling better than better, that she was feeling GREAT!!!!  I asked her why that was and she replied that she had just hung up from another phone call: from her grandson, calling from Paris.  His friend let him use her phone to call Canada, so he could check and see how his grandma was feeling.  She was thrilled.  hahaha  Dad was too because his grandson told him all about the day he spent in the Louvre the day before. Dad has been a frustrated artist most of his life, wanting to paint and accomplishing a few decent water colour canvases, but never having the time to take proper lessons.  He had such fun hearing about the exhibits of medieval and ancient Christian art that my son loves so much.

This morning we received an email from our son telling us what a great week he has had in Paris, that today he is heading out with a friend for tea at The Grand Mosque of Paris. He is fascinated by Islamic architecture and tile art.  

Tomorrow he takes the 7 hour train trip to Milan with the sponsor who arranged this whole gig for him.  After a week there they will travel to Florence and Rome to complete the art project before flying back to Paris for a day or two as they return to their homes in USA and Canada.  Right now our son is flying so high I don't think he needs a plane to cross the ocean! hahahaha  This whole trip has been good for him, after slaving away at his three part time jobs for the past year.

We are to have our first show showers here in Regina tomorrow.  The sky is appropriately covered in deep grey clouds...there is a certain shade or two of grey that indicates snow is forming in those clouds and both shades are apparent in abundance this morning.

In complete disregard for my health and as a sign of open rebellion against the oncoming winter weather, I will be wearing my summer sandals for the grocery run I will be making in a few minutes.  All my other summer clothes have been "binned" and put away in the basement storage, but the sandals are always the "last hurrah".  Once I have done the shopping they will go away in the bins with the rest of the summer wear until late next spring.  I missed choir last night because of this cold and allergy, so should be wearing proper autumn footwear today, but it is a short drive to the grocery store, all my walking will be indoors and it makes me feel like I have had the "last laugh" at the changing weather.  A person likes to feel she has SOME control over the externals of her life, right?  hahaha

Have a blessed day wherever you are and whatever you are up to. 

 

No comments: