Today has been another excellent day! My tired husband decided at the last minute that he wanted to come with me to church and spend some fellowship time with his new friends there. My voice was strong enough and sufficiently allergy-free to sing in the choir. O my...we are not a strong group after the combination of retirees and move-aways that left us over the summer. The minister made an impassioned pitch for more members and we can only hope......... Our anthem this morning was not particularly memorable, according to my husband, but it wasn't bad either, so that is a relief. hohoho!
As always when my husband is with me at church, we are almost the last to leave the coffee hour afterward. He is delighting in meeting so many other men he can visit with and that he has so much in common with. I am grateful his circle of friends here is finally expanding. He even wore a suit jacket and tie to the service instead of caving in to the relaxing flannel shirts and jeans he tends toward when he doesn't have to wear his own clergy gear. It warmed my heart to see him all dressed up and so happy to go to the coffee hour instead of heading home for a nap.
One of the couples we are getting to know asked us to come out for lunch with them. We finally got to the restaurant after 1:30pm sometime and were not finished lunch until over an hour later, then we continued to talk until after 4pm. It was wonderful. The two men can talk for hours about all manner of things and we ladies are not lacking in topics of conversation. It was an uplifting day.
I called my parents when we finally got home, to see how they are doing and they were gleeful after being taken out a couple of days ago to a very expensive and classy steak house by a long time friend. They ate properly cooked steaks and perfectly prepared creme caramel, so life is good indeed. Then this morning they both felt well enough to attend church with a friend. Mom hasn't been there for weeks as she generally feels too tough to get up and going that early in the morning. Since her hospital visit last weekend and the resulting change of meds, she has felt extremely well all week and had no problem going to service today.
Tonight my husband and I watched 3 boxing matches. I still have a couple of bouts I recorded last weekend, so we need to get caught up. I am wondering when Saturday night's Canelo-GGG fight is going to be broadcast on public tv. It could be in a few weeks, or a few months! Unfortunately I discovered the winner when I was looking for something else online this evening, so the suspense is ruined, but it will still be interesting to see how the judges ringside arrived at their conclusion.
Tomorrow is my husband's appointment with his doctor for test results. I suspect we will be stopping on the way home at the pharmacy so he can have his first cholesterol medication prescription filled. How I would like to be completely wrong about that. He would like it if I was completely wrong as well!! haha Hopefully he will have the rest of the morning to relax at home before he spends the afternoon preparing for an important meeting in the evening. Supposedly he gets the entire day off on Tuesday...well....we will see about that. Here's hoping.....
The weather has been rather miserable all week. The past three days have been nothing but dark clouds and rain and chilly temperatures, BUT we have not had any snow yet. BONUS!! That will come in a few days. One of our church choir members was literally stranded in Manitoba this weekend. She drove out on Friday to Winnipeg area, started driving home through the snow on Saturday late afternoon and was unable to navigate the ice and snow buildup on the highway. The RCMP stopped her and sent her back to Winnipeg. She will try again tomorrow to get back to Regina. Yikes....what a driving hassle and it is only September!!
Here's hoping for the miracle of Indian Summer in October when my husband and I have to make our travels out of town.
No comments:
Post a Comment